Haitian Cultural Association (HCA) and several co-sponsoring offices and organizations will be holding a Haitian Festival on Sunday, February 28, 2010. The event (1:00PM to 6:00PM) will be held in the Metcalf Hall in the George Sherman Union (775 Commonwealth Avenue) at Boston University.
The event will include:
- Performances by over 25 Boston University groups and Boston area performing arts groups
- Interactive Haitian Museum
- Silent Auction (signed Sports Items, David Yurman jewelry, and much much more)
- “What’s Next For Haiti?” Panel Discussions
- Haitian food and crafts by Boston-area Haitian cultural businesses (Sunrise Catering and The Fireplace Restaurant)
- Fashion show featuring traditional pieces
If you need any accommodations, such as services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing or wheelchair assistance, please contact Katherine Hasenauer in the Dean of Students Office at 617-353-4126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are continuously looking for assistance with this event. Here are a few ways you can help:
– Silent Auction: We are looking for silent auction items. If you are interested in contributing an item for the silent auction, please contact Sam Minkoff.
– Museum Items: We are looking for items (art, clothing, photographs, etc) to display in the event’s “Haitian Museum.” If you would like to lend an item, please contact Sam Minkoff.